Water is the "most illogical" behaving substance
on earth - and it was exactly these characteristics which
made life possible on our planet:
1. Water consists of the elements hydrogen and oxygen. Both
are gases. Together they are, however, liquid at normal temperature
2. The human body consists of 66% to 75% water.
3. The earth is covered with 70% water - of which:
• 97.0% is sea water.
• 2.6% is fresh water.
• 0.3% is potable water.
4. Water is the only substance on earth occurring in all THREE
• Gas (at temperatures greater than 100°C water
exists in clouds).
• Liquid (for temperatures between 0°C and 100°C
at atmospheric pressure).
• Solid (for temperatures below 0°C).
5. Water has its largest density at +4°C, but still remains
6. Water has its lowest density at a temperature of 37°C.
7. Water in the solid state (ice) is lighter than in the liquid
condition and thus the colder ice floats on the warmer water.
8. Physically seen the freezing point of water should be at
-120°C and the boiling point at -75°C. However, the
freezing point is actually at 0°C and the boiling point
9. The difference between freezing point and boiling point
should be in range of 23 to 30°C. It is, however, 100°C.
10. If very high pressure is supplied to water the temperature
does not rise above 37°C.
11. The minimum thermal capacity of water is found at +37°C
and this can thus regulate the temperature of the human body.
12. Additionally, water is an outstanding solvent - of the
103 natural elements on earth 84 are soluble in water.